TOTAL TIME 60 MINUTES
PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 large (burrito size) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Green onion, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Run pierogies under cool water to thaw.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink, 10 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, chipotle, chili powder, salt and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place 3 pierogies in the center of a tortilla. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over the pierogies and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold the tortilla around the pierogies. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and pierogies.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a large baking dish. Arrange the tortillas over the sauce, seam side down. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until the tortillas are golden brown on the edges. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions.