Tuscan Chicken Pierogy Skillet
TOTAL TIME 45 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box of 4 Cheese Medley or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Boil pierogies according to package directions. Drain, then toss pierogies with a bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover, and allow to rest for 5 to 8 minutes. Then slice thinly.
- While chicken is resting, lower heat to medium-low and add the remaining oil in the same skillet. Add garlic, spinach, and tomatoes and sauté 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan. Whisk cold water and cornstarch together in a small bowl, then stir into the pan. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened and creamy.
- Return chicken and pierogies to skillet and toss to combine. If needed, top with additional seasoning. Garnish with fresh basil, Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if desired.