Pierogy Shepherd’s Pie
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box of Sour Cream & Chive or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a deep pie dish or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Run pierogies under cool water to thaw.
- Heat butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and cook for about five minutes, stirring, until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef and continue to cook until the beef is cooked through completely.
- Add frozen vegetables, beef gravy, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add ground beef mixture to prepared pie or casserole dish, and top with pierogies. Spray the top with non-stick cooking spray, and place in the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until pierogies are golden brown.