Southwest Pierogy Breakfast Burrito
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Classic Onion Pierogies
- 12 strips bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Baby spinach, chopped (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito size
- Salsa for serving
- Sour cream for serving
- Hot sauce for serving
- Set a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add bacon to the pan and fry until fully cooked and golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. When cool, crumble into course pieces.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan. Add pierogies and cook until tender and brown, about 8 minutes on each side. Remove pierogies from pan and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and scramble. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low; add eggs, stirring continuously until fully cooked, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Microwave tortillas for a few seconds to soften. To build burritos, layer bacon, 3 pierogies, egg, cheese, and spinach lengthwise in the bottom third of the tortilla. Fold the bottom end of the tortilla up so the filling is secure. Fold each of the long sides over the filling. Roll the tortilla upwards until the seam side is facing down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Return the pan to medium heat, sear burritos seam side down until golden and sealed, about 3 minutes. Flip and sear the opposite side until golden.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce.