White Pizza Pierogy Skillet
Created by Rachel Quenzer, @Rachelquenzer
- 1 box of Mrs. T’s 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 8 oz sweet Italian sausage
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Brown sausage in a sauté pan on medium heat. Set sausage aside and wipe out pan; return to stove.
- Add 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil to pan. Once oil is warm, add the pierogies to the pan and cook 5 minutes each side. Set pierogies aside; return to stove.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan. Once oil is warm, add diced shallot and caramelize.
- Pour heavy cream in the pan and turn heat to low.
- Add garlic and onion powders. Bring sauce to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, making sure the cheese melts evenly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange pierogies in one layer in a cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Use 2/3 sauce to cover the pierogies.
- Add spinach and cooked sausage on top of pierogies.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of spinach and pierogies mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.